Copy the text below and then paste that into your favorite email application.
Wayne Joseph (Josh) Marion soared into this life on June 20, 1942 in Portland, Maine. He was the son of Joseph and Catherine Marion, and brother to two sisters, Dorothy and Cathy, growing up in Springfield, Massachusetts. Wayne being the independent and free spirit that was his nature, he spent much of his life traveling, exploring, learning, and relishing in life’s opportunities, as well as challenges. He spent the last 21 years of his life in Dolores, Colorado with his life partner/wife on property he loved and was finally home on. Being the precise and detailed accountant he was, he would say to keep this short, sweet, and simple. His accomplishments and deeds are too many to list; these being what he felt were the best and most important events in his life.
- BA in Political Science, Middlebury College, Vermont
- Assisted in the founding of the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco with Dr. Haidas Chaudri
- Met and married his first wife, Diane Phipps
- Learned to fly small airplanes, owning a Cessna Taildragger
- Earned an accounting degree at Chico State College in Chico, California
- Managed/worked at Cresent Moon Ranch at Red Rock Crossing in Sedona, Arizona, a Sri Aurobindo center
- Divorced, moved to Merritt Island, Florida, worked as an accountant for small airports
- Moved to Odessa, Texas then back to Sedona, Arizona working the same
- Met his muse and teacher, Enocha Ranjita Ryan
- Worked as an accountant in Phoenix, Arizona for Zee Medical Supply, Champion Pharmaceuticals
- Met life partner, Chris Miles
- Taught accounting and business at DeVry Institute of Technology in Phoenix, Arizona
- Earned a Masters as a Certified Management Accountant at DeVry Institute of Technology
- Migrated to Dolores, Colorado in 1999, buying first property and home with Chris
- Worked as an accountant for Osprey Packs, New Country Auto
- Taught accounting/business at San Juan Vocational school in Cortez, Colorado
- Retired approx. 2006
- Married life partner, Chris in 2016
- Enjoyed the remained of his life with Chris at home until his passing early Sunday morning on October 4, 2020
Wayne leaves behind his two sisters, Dorothy (Bill) of Farmingham, Mass., Cathy (Peter) of East Hampton, Mass.; nephews, Will (Jenn) of Sudsbury, Mass., Jonathan (Erin) of Twin Cities, Minnesota, Ben (Ann) of Boston, Mass.; great-nephew, Dexter and great-niece, Eleanor. He also leaves behind special friends, Sage Leigh, Ken Degener, Daniel Birnley/Kandy Kruzan, Daniel/Amanda Ryan, Ron Bishop, Matt Rambo/Laurie Mountjoy, Gary Bolduc, Abi Gulick, Diane Phipps, and Enocha Ranjita, as well as many others.
Being the spiritual being he was, Wayne desired people to know that he was a life-long learner, traveling and experiencing for his inner personal growth, that all of life’s events were opportunities for growth, to keep an open mind and heart, relish the chance given to expand oneself, and to live in gratitude.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the
Service map data © OpenStreetMap contributors